Apply for the job now!
Job title: Billing Administrator – Level 1
Company: Util-Assist Inc.
Job description: Billing Administrator – Level 1
Who We Are
Util-Assist is a leading consulting company to electric, water, and gas utilities, with customers throughout Canada and the United States. Utilities today are undergoing an exciting digital transformation; the widespread deployment of smart grid technologies and renewable energy sources is colliding with customer demand for electric vehicles, energy savings, and better customer experiences to produce a dramatic shift in how utilities do business. Util-Assist is at the forefront of that shift.
Our vision is to be the trusted partner in driving digital innovation that reshapes the utility landscape. To bring that vision to life, Util-Assist is leading the way in helping utilities take advantage of the latest developments in utility IT, with growing practices for data analytics and customer experience consulting building on our well-established smart grid procurement and implementation management services. Our managed services division provides a variety of services to utility customers, including outage management and intelligent monitoring services
Teamwork is key to the success of the Util-Assist family; mutual respect, cooperation, and honesty are hallmarks of our principles. We offer a range of energizing, multi-disciplinary careers in a high-tech industry, with great potential for development and advancement as both the industry and our company continue to grow. Util-Assist’s flexible work environment allows you to work from anywhere, letting you choose the work arrangements that make the most sense for you. We will give you the tools and support to succeed in our business, wherever you are.
We are firmly committed to fostering a welcoming, positive, and diverse workplace. Thanks to our outstanding culture, we are the proud recipients of several national and local awards, including the Employee Recommended Workplace Award (three years running), the York Region Business of the Year award, and the Newmarket Large Business of the Year Award.
We’re excited to meet you! Learn more about Util-Assist at .
What We Need
Reporting to the Billing Supervisor, The Billing Administrator is responsible for supporting our utility clients with day-to-day billing and call centre operations related tasks.
Input or enter occupancy data through a manual or automated process * Process enrollment, move in, move out and PAP forms from customers
- Answer incoming customer inquiries via email (both clients and public)
- Address service orders (Cash adjustments, collections, re-prints, returned mail, support, admin changes)
- Process returned mail
- Validate accuracy of occupancy data entered in CIS
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly statistics for reporting, as required
- Update business process documentation and SOPs as required
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and other tasks that may be assigned
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function in a self-directed manner in a team environment.
- Effective time and task management skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- A strong commitment to customer and corporate objectives.
- Strong computer skills along with experience in different business software applications
- Proficiency with all MS Office applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with utility Customer Information System (CIS) applications is considered an asset
- Experience in bookkeeping or another financial skill set is desirable
- Experience working in a billing department or customer service representative at a utility is preferred, but not required
- Post-secondary education in Commerce, Accounting or Bookkeeping is desirable
- Office environment
- A successful SIN and Passport clearance, along with a police vulnerability check, is required
What We Offer
- A competitive base salary and comprehensive health benefits
- Work-life balance with flexible working arrangements (including working from home during the pandemic)
- The opportunity to work with an innovative company that is on the leading edge of technology
- Plenty of opportunity for career advancement in a fast-growing company
- A results-driven environment
- True team collaboration
- A fun, social, award-winning culture
Please submit your resume and cover letter (mandatory) by no later than:
October 11, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest in Util-Assist; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Util-Assist is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Expected salary: $38823.98 per year
Location: Newmarket, ON
Job date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 22:06:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!