Job title: Director, Information Technology
Company: RWS Entertainment Group
Job description: RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom design as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a Director, Information Technology to serve as the central point person responsible for creating IT strategy, policy and infrastructure for the various branches of RWS (subsidiaries, RWS administrative offices, RWS Studios, and RWS Apartments).
Reporting to the Senior VP, Administration, the Director, Information Technology is responsible for overseeing all day-to-day IT operations. A successful candidate must have attention to detail, a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware, and a variety of internet applications, networks, and operating systems, as well as proven management skills and capabilities. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities.
Role & Responsibilities
- Directing the sourcing and implementation of new software and hardware
- Develop, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Where necessary, re-engineer application’s or platforms to ensure they align with business requirements, processes, tactical planning, and strategic vision.
- Define and communicate project milestones, service agreements, and resource allocation to key stakeholders.
- Develop and review budgets and ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
- Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements while being responsible for the high IT Services uptime and availability.
- Develop company-wide requirements for all hardware and software upgrades, review submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements, and make the appropriate recommendations for implementation.
- Authorize and oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware and software based on department needs.
- Review the existing organizational software best practices and assist with implementing additional standard operating procedures.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Research potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives and opportunities.
- Advise on best practices in technology support and administration with focus on optimization of the operation.
- Set up and maintain workstations and computer hardware as well as necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers, phones etc.).
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways which optimize performance.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging, etc.).
- Maintain records/logs of repairs, fixes and maintenance schedule.
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages, place orders, and track inventory.
- Assist in coordinating and planning the annual IT-related budget projection in collaboration with RWS leadership.
- Understand and map the core business processes/data flows within the organization to assist with maintenance or upgrades.
- Oversee and manage the execution of any third-party collaborating companies when applicable.
- Possess and apply knowledge of information and data security requirements and implementation of systems and processes to secure company networks and data and oversee cybersecurity operation.
- Provide on-call support for staff during work hours and allow for irregular work hours, as needed.
Please Note: While this is an accurate and comprehensive description of the role, the above Roles & Responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require additional tasks be performed as assigned.
- College degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 5+ years related work experience.
- Proven experience in IT strategic planning and development, project management, IT budgeting and policy development.
- Practical working and technical knowledge of current network, Apple and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Experience and strong practical working knowledge of MS suite of products; with focus on Windows and Server OS and Office 365
- Experience with Wrike project management application a plus
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management
- Attention to detail: please type “blue iguana” in the “what makes you unique” section of this application
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- Strong technical and Project Management skills and leadership qualities
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to define and document IT requirements based on business objectives and projects.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues, products and services.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment
A valid passport for the duration of employment for all travel-related roles. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or proof of exemption) will be required.
- Progressive PTO, CitiBike membership, Commuter benefits, Health benefits – Medical, Dental, and Vision, Pet-friendly office, Paid parental leave, 401k with company match, Employee Enrichment Program, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events as available, Summer Fridays
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Senior VP, Administration
- Mobile (in NY/NJ/CT Metro Area): Team members who are pre-approved to regularly perform their job responsibilities remotely up to two (2) days per week, with three (3) days per week operating out of the RWS New York City headquarters.
Salary: $95,000 annual exempt salary
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At RWS Entertainment Group, our team of bold makers and mold breakers is made of a diverse group of people who we believe make our work stronger. Our stage actively chooses to uplift applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, sexes, national origins, political affiliations, socio-economic status, veteran and Disability status, and other intersectional dimensions of diversity.
We believe the diversity of our people is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our company’s achievement as well.
We are committed to ongoing learning and developing and implementing programs and initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion in all areas of employment as well as through our creative process and projects.
Get in Touch!
Please submit at this link via JazzHR
Powered by JazzHR
Expected salary: $95000 per year
Location: New York
Job date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 02:19:56 GMT