Job title: Contract Management Specialist 1 – Item
Company: Department of Homeland Security
Job description: Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable on the Contract Management Specialist 1 or appropriate Civil Service eligible list or a current NYS employee eligible for transfer under Sections 52.6, 70.1 or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law. Depending on qualifications, candidate may be required to serve a 2 year traineeship that leads to a journey level grade 18 position.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer to a CMS 1, a candidate must have one year of permanent competitive service in a 70.1 title allocated to a salary grade 16 or above.
70.1 Transfer to a trainee 1 or 2:
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, a candidate must have one year of permanent competitive service in a 70.1 title allocated to a salary grade 11 or above.
To be eligible for a 52.6 transfer to a CMS 1, a candidate must have one year of permanent competitive service in a 52.6 title allocated to a salary grade 16 or above.
52.6 Transfer to a trainee 1 or 2:
To be eligible for a 52.6 transfer, a candidate must have one year of permanent competitive service in a 52.6 title allocated to a salary grade 11 or above.
One year of permanent competitive service in a position allocated to a SG-11 or higher, possess a Bachelors’ Degree from a regionally accredited college or university or one recognized by the New York State Education Department as following acceptable educational practices and have standing on the PATT or Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible lists.
Duties Description · Review Purchase Requisitions (PRs) submitted by program areas and evaluate for completeness; follow up with program area to get all appropriate documentation.
· Based on New York State Procurement Guidelines ensure the vendor selection is appropriate and price reasonability is established.
· Ensure all terms and conditions of contractual agreement with vendor are consistent with OSC policy; seek advice from OSC Legal Services when necessary.
· Work with program staff to ensure contractual and procurement requirements and specifications are understood and documented at the appropriate level of specificity to ensure the appropriate commodity or service is bid and comparable pricing can be obtained.
· Work with vendors and manufacturers to ensure product or service specifications are clear and unambiguous.
· Prepare and issue Invitations for Bid (IFB) and Requests for Quotes (RFQ) in accordance with the New York State Procurement Council Guidelines. Respond to questions from potential respondents in a manner that maintains fairness and competition.
· Evaluate responses to IFBs and RFQs and communicate the results with the program staff. Address concerns of program staff; follow up with respondents, if necessary, in a manner that maintains fairness and competition.
· Prepare Vendor Responsibility reviews when required.
· Maintain a complete procurement record in accordance with State Finance Law.
· Submit contractual agreements and procurement record to OSC’s Bureau of Contracts (BOC) when required; address all questions raised by BOC.
· Notify successful proposer/vendor of the selection and the non-successful proposer/vendor of the non-selection; issue Purchase Order to vendor.
· Process the procurement in the Statewide Financial System (SFS); update SFS with any changes in purchasing authority due to new fiscal year or lapsing of appropriations.
· Monitor the availability of funding for proposed procurements; work with budget analysts to resolve funding issues.
· Participate in regular meetings with the Purchasing Connections community-of-practice including planning agenda, preparing presentations, and answering questions.
· Participate in the preparation of the Purchasing Connections newsletter by monitoring customer questions to unit mailbox, participating in discussions of best practices and drafting news articles.
Additional Comments DESIRED COMPETENCIES:
· Ability to identify problems and develop solutions
· Ability to complete work with a high level of independence
· Ability to manage multiple priorities
· Knowledge of State Finance Law Section 163
· Knowledge of NY State Procurement Guidelines
· Familiarity with OGS Centralized contracts
· Strong customer service skills
· Experienced in Word and Excel
· Experience with OGS centralized contracts, umbrella contracts and the RFQ process is highly desirable.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Expected salary: $42986 – 71980 per year
Location: Albany, NY
Job date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 07:45:39 GMT