Video blogging (Vlogs) is a just as it says its a blog which hosts videos. Below gives just a brief overview of the advantages and disadvantages of using or developing a vlog.
VLog Pros / Advantages
- Video blogs very effectively grab the attention of web surfers, and people are much more likely to become excited about the dynamic content of a video blog than they are likely to find a written posting very thrilling.
- The more enthusiastic viewers are about a site, the quicker the word of mouth spreads, and the more traffic the site will get.
- Videos allow users to stay longer on a site thereby reducing the bounce or exit page rates.
- Greater opportunity for the visitor to perform some action on the site such as subscribe to mailing list or purchase a product.
VLog Cons / Disadvantages
- Hosting a vlog requires quite a bit of server space and bandwidth. It takes more time to process and upload a video file than it does to dash off a quick bit of text, which means that running and updating a video blog can be quite a bit of work.
- In addition, web surfers sometimes grow frustrated with the slow loading times of the files on many video blogs.
- There can be an increase in costs.
Whether you opt for a video blog or not depends on what kind of subject matter you want to cover, and how much time you can devote to video blogging. Before you decide to pursue a video blog, consider if there is an easier way for you to get your message across.