Job title: Training Assistant 2021-TRAIN
Company: Sioux-Hudson Employment
Job description: Job Description
Job Title: Training Assistant 2021-TRAIN-005
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Competition #: 2021-TRAIN-005
Reports To: Training Supervisor
Location(s): Sioux Lookout, ON
Tikinagan has a mandate to provide a First Nation model of child protection, family support and residential care services. These services need to respond to the unique needs of the Native communities and families that Tikinagan serves. The Training Assistant is responsible to provide assistance to the Training Supervisor and Unit on the delivery of training in family services, children’s services and agency training requirements. The Training Assistant will provide support, and report directly to the Training Supervisor.
- Grade 12 or equivalent, and/or office work experience.
- Good knowledge of word processing computer programs and strong keyboarding skills.
- Able to handle multiple projects and priorities in a timely and professional manner.
- Must be consistent with processes and daily tasks.
- Must be able and willing to travel.
- Must be able to lift boxes up to 40 pounds.
- Fluency in Ojibway, or Oji-Cree preferred.
- Understanding of the Child & Family Services Act, an awareness of current issues within Native child welfare in Ontario.
- Experience and understanding of Native cultural issues, and of the geographic realities and social conditions within northern remote Native communities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Professional integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Commitment to Tikinagan’s vision, goals and principles.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Be able to pass a criminal record check.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide verification of both Covid-19 vaccinations.
Salary Range: $48,989 – $58, 546
TO APPLY: Send your job application/resume to the Hiring Committee and include the Competition Number or the name of the position you are applying for:
- BY MAIL: P.O. Box 627, Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B1 OR
- BY FAX: (807) 737-4550 OR
- BY EMAIL: HR@tikinagan.org OR
- DROP OFF YOUR APPLICATION AT ANY OF OUR OFFICES (ask the receptionist to fax your application to Human Resources)
***ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED***
However, we welcome applicants to contact HR if they wish to follow up on an application or inquire about other opportunities at Tikinagan.
AODA AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Tikinagan Child and Family Services is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concern with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Tikinagan will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Tikinagan strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Tikinagan will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
Mamow Obiki-ahwahsoowin – Everyone Working Together to Raise Our Children
To find out more call our HR department at 1-800-465-3624 or visit www.tikinagan.org today!
Expected salary: $48989 – 58546 per year
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Job date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 00:23:23 GMT