Job title: Manager – Information Technology
Company: Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
Job description: Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) is located in the City of Orillia – a beautiful community nestled along the shores of Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. Orillia offers an environment where a health work/life balance is easy to achieve as exceptional urban amenities, natural resources, points of interest, and recreational opportunities abound.
People have always been OSMH’s greatest strength. Our committed team has helped our community for over a century. We offer an environment where each individual works interdependently towards common goals: we value Trust, Courage and Teamwork. We are an organization where individuals’ contributions are valued and there are many opportunities for personal growth and development.
The Manger of Information Technology (IT) facilitates improved IT services at Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) through the development and implementation of necessary action plans. The Manager in conjunction with the IT Director will develop, enhance and champion standards for IT practices, performance and operations across the organization. The IT Manager administers and manages daily IT operations providing leadership congruent with the vision, mission and values of the Hospital while fostering positive partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Diploma in information technology, systems, and/or software at the College level required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or a related field preferred.
- ITIL Foundation Certification or demonstrate strong knowledge of ITIL framework and ITIL Service Delivery process preferred.
- Minimum eight (8) years of progressive experience in planning, implementation and operational management of complex information technology systems, with three or more years in a management position required.
- Experience in managing the implementation and support of data centre, networks and service desk required.
- Well-rounded background in various networks, software applications and hardware options required.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster strong relationships with partners to align and integrate business strategies.
- Demonstrated “Customer oriented” approach and ability to understand needs and requirements of IT service consumers.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated high level of competence in planning, implementation, and operation of IT infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with external vendors, external consultants, contract staff, and other departments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary IT best practices for management of IT systems, applications, and operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an outstanding team player with an ability to interact demonstrated effectively with peers and direct reports to establish and maintain strong working relationships and with IT service customers to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate, coach, mentor and lead individuals/groups to achieve quality outcomes and provide exceptional service.
- Demonstrated ability to time-manage, organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly motivated with the ability to adapt quickly to new situations/challenges
- Demonstrated appreciation and respect for protocol, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrates commitment to continued professional and personal growth and development through Continuing Education Programs and Self Directed Learning Opportunities.
Our Employees Enjoy
- a professional practice environment
- a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
- wellness initiatives
- continuing education grants
- employee recognition and assistance programs
- a competitive salary and benefits package
- equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is committed to diversity and equity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S persons and others who may contribute to a diverse workplace.
Accomodation in the Workplace
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
OSMH is committed to providing a safe, healthy and supportive working environment by treating team members and patients with compassion accountability respect and engagement.
All team members must adhere to OSMH’s Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and protocols, as well as the duties of workers as stipulated in the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Team members must be able to perform all bona fide and essential duties of the position which may include cognitive and physical demands.
As a condition of employment, new employees are required to complete an employment health assessment and must be cleared by the Occupational Health and Safety Team prior to orientation.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
OSMH is a minimal fragrance workplace. We kindly ask all applicants to refrain from using scented products should they have the occasion to interview with the hospital. As a condition of employment OSMH requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation and evidence of course completion. It is also a condition of employment that all new employees will be required to present an original vulnerable sector check within 90 days of commencing employment and must sign an Offense Declaration upon receipt of an offer of employment.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply online before 11:59 pm on the posting close date. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Expected salary: $84922.5 – 106158 per year
Location: Orillia, ON
Job date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 06:23:42 GMT