Job title: Manager Information Technology Services 1, Ref
Company: Department of Homeland Security
Job description: Minimum Qualifications This position is open to candidates who are reachable on the Manager of Information Technology Services 1, G-27, Civil Service eligible list OR have one year of permanent competitive service as a Manager of Information Technology Services 1, G-27. Candidates reachable on the eligible list will be considered through canvass and need not apply. The position is also open to NYS employees at or above G-25 who are eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades. Examples of qualifying Section 52.6 titles include Information Technology Specialist 4 (and all parenthetics), G-25, Manager Information Technology Services 1 (and all parenthetics), G-27.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, organized and independent; able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams and foster the teams’ commitment to tasks.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Experience using business analysis techniques as prescribed by the International Institute of Business Analysts in the publication Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK).
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated commitment to staff growth and development.
- Experience working in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- A degree in accounting or experience working at OSC, DOB, or in an agency finance office.
- Five or more years of business analysis experience eliciting, documenting, and validating requirements and/or developing test scenarios and scripts.
- Experience working with SFS, PeopleSoft, or some other Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Experience developing and documenting new business processes and championing their acceptance within a large/complex organization.
Duties Description The Statewide Accounting Application Bureau Manager is responsible for managing the functionality of the accounting modules within the Statewide Financial System (SFS). The SFS application is based on the Oracle/PeopleSoft Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting system functionality related to General Ledger, Budgeting, Cash Management, Asset Management, Project Costing, Capital Planning, and Treasury/Banking. The incumbent will be working very closely with agency finance office end users and accounting experts. A strong background working with accounting systems and a deep understanding of finance and accounting processes is desired.
The incumbent will be assigned to the Solution Services Division and will serve as the conduit between the user community, the SFS Technical Teams, and the Enterprise Architecture and Project Management teams. The SFS Solution Services Division focuses on functional design, configuration, business process optimization, and implementing customizations to meet the state’s requirements and drive change management through high impact projects.
- Serve in a leadership role and provide guidance, supervision, coaching, and mentoring to the New York State employees and contract staff assigned.
- Collaborate with consultants and technical teams through various stages of design, development, testing and deployment.
- Elicit and validate business requirements using a variety of methods (i.e., interviews, document analysis, site visits, business process diagrams, and workgroups).
- Lead the team in developing and maintaining expertise in the PeopleSoft application as used in New York State.
- Provide oversight and guidance to business analysts translating user requirements into functional specifications that can be understood and effectively implemented by the team.
- Ensure requested customizations are applicable and appropriate for statewide implementation.
- Ensure alignment of the SFS functionality with the strategic goals as outlined by the SFS leadership team and SFS Joint Governance Board.
- Foster an environment that provides knowledge transfer and continuous education for all business analysts.
- Identify process improvement opportunities consistent with the objectives of the SFS project and reflective of the expressed needs of the agency users.
Additional Comments This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with SFS, you may be required to be fingerprinted.
SFS is the organization that manages the enterprise financial system that supports the business of New York State government. SFS is an independent entity jointly governed by the Office of the State Comptroller and the Division of the Budget.
As one of the largest public sector enterprise financial systems in the United States, SFS processes an average of 22,000 voucher transactions daily and about $150 billion in payments per year using Oracle PeopleSoft technology. SFS staff provide extensive operational support to over 70 NYS agencies and authorities. SFS continues to work on major initiatives to expand the use of system functionality and works collaboratively with agencies and the NYS Office of Information Technology Services clusters that support IT systems across the State.
Currently, we are looking for motivated, highly qualified professionals who can lead and support ongoing transformational statewide information technology projects. Focused on best practices, continuous improvement, and enabling efficient government operations, SFS team members include programmers, project managers, PeopleSoft experts, database and security administrators, business analysts, and customer service and change management professionals. Located in Albany, NY, SFS is a fast-paced, dynamic place to work, where individuals have the opportunity to support the transformation of NYS government’s financial business processes. SFS is committed to diversity and workforce development, providing its employees with professional growth through training opportunities and knowledge sharing.
To learn more about SFS, visit our website at www.sfs.ny.gov.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Expected salary: $90375 – 111316 per year
Location: Albany, NY
Job date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 23:33:53 GMT