Job title: Information Management Specialist
Company: Canadian Blood Services
Job description: Job category: Information technology
Job posting ID: 1712
Employment status: Regular full-time
Classification: PTS/MGT/IT B
Salary/Rate of pay: $63,600 to $75,000
Application deadline: 2021-10-13
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Regular Full-Time Information Management Specialist to join our dynamic IT Strategy and Governance team in Ottawa. The work of an Information Management Specialist is integral to Canadian Blood Services’ role as Canada’s Lifeline. In this role, you will provide technical expertise, analysis and advice to support the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of information management policies, standards, guidelines and solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide advice on information management methodologies and best practices to management, stakeholders, and customers.
- Provide subject matter expertise to improve policies, processes, and procedures in support of information management principles, best practices, and the overall information management program.
- Provide technical expertise in the development, implementation, and operation of information management solutions for Canadian Blood Services, in support of a digital workplace and to address legacy content.
- Analyze and document business processes to support the development and implementation of practical, relevant solutions for records creation, capture, control, retrieval, storage, and disposition.
- Develop and deliver information management training; includes knowledge sharing.
- Support information management program operations including records retention scheduling, records disposition processes and digitization activities.
- Organize, process, and dispose of records in accordance with information management policies and procedures to meet organizational compliance requirements, with consideration given to security and privacy.
- Perform digitization activities to support information retrievability, usability and preservation, based on industry standards and established quality control procedures.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution.
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience in records and information management.
- Demonstrated experience with information management technology solutions, specifically enterprise content management systems.
- Excellent knowledge of records and information management principles and practices.
- Training and/or experience with workflow analysis and design in the context of recordkeeping or information flows is an asset.
- High degree of computer literacy, specifically Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple competing tasks.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism and discretion.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a customer service focus.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Advanced communication skills (verbal and written) in English.
- Competitive base salary range of $63,600 to $75,000.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation.
- Annual Performance Award up to 6%.
- Comprehensive group health, dental and vision benefits.
- Choice of defined contribution or defined benefits pension plan.
- Employee discounts, wellness programs and much more.
- Flexible remote working schedule.
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, all Canadian Blood Services’ employees are required to be fully vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights grounds.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment (such as testing) will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.
Expected salary: $63600 – 75000 per year
Location: Ottawa, ON
Job date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 22:47:02 GMT