Job title: CRM Business Analyst – Remote
Company: Canadian Blood Services
Job description: Please note: This position can potentially become a full-time remote position; the successful incumbent can be located anywhere in Canada, Eastern Canada is preferred.
Job category: Communications, marketing and public affairs
Job posting ID: 1714
Employment status: Regular full-time
Possible schedule/FTE: 1.0
Classification: PTS/MGT/IT B
Salary grade: Grade 8
Salary/Rate of pay: $72,800-86,000
Application deadline: 2021-10-13
This position is open to: Internal and External applicants
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About this role:
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Regular Full-Time CRM Business Analyst to join its dynamic Channel Management and Marketing Analytics Team. The CRM Business Analyst acts as the interface between the department and all other internal customers as well as our IT Partners. The incumbent participates in the planning, development and monitoring of CRM business system projects and releases as they relate to Campaign Management activities. Other tasks include but are not limited to requirement gathering, analysis, recommendations and building of the CRM Campaigns to deliver recruitment, reminder and retention strategies in support of our donors. The role includes working with IT Teams, integration coordination of new and existing business systems and operational strategies.
- Builds strong relationships, develops strategic and tactical plans. Assists with building relationships and developing plans
- Identifies new program initiatives or changes requiring business system user development or enhancements to deliver operational requirements
- Recommends system improvements by studying current practices and designing modifications
- Participates in or leads the development and research of various process, quality and project standards, process efficiency, team practices and industry developments.
- Participates in and coordinates system support activities and trending analysis
- Understands and complies with CBS Information Technology and regulatory standards
- Performs other related duties as required
- Performs work in accordance with the provisions of the Canadian Blood Services’ Corporate Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
Education, Training and Experience:
- Post-secondary level education in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution or relevant experience, preferably in Business Marketing working with SAP-CRM
- Five to seven years of related experience as a project manager, systems analyst, software developer or business analyst, including experience in lifecycle or CRM channel management
- Experience in business processes to be supported with an aptitude for design and optimization
- Extensive, proficient, and demonstrated working knowledge of excel, database management
- Extensive experience manipulating and analysing large datasets and conducting statistical analyses
- Experience working in a quality management and regulatory environment
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to conduct business professionally and develop strong working relationships with internal customers at all levels
- Demonstrated advanced ability to conceptualize, analyse, simplify, and communicate data from complex sources, including the ability to produce clear and concise documents and reports
- Knowledge of SAP – CRM
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and execute SAP-CRM Campaigns
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, creativity, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent ability to work in a team or independently and to manage multiple priorities
- Computer literacy and sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) an asset
- Proven ability to learn in a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment
- Project management skills for implementing projects
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and enhance project management skills
- Ability to articulate requirements to IT subject matter experts
- Strong problem analysis, planning and organizational skills
- Strong documentation skills (e.g. use cases, business requirements, project plans, training and user guides)
- Strong communications skills in English
- Annual performance award up to 6%
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Comprehensive group health, dental and vision benefits
- Choice of defined contribution or defined benefits pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness programs and professional advancement opportunities
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, all Canadian Blood Services’ employees are required to be fully vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights grounds.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment (such as testing) will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.
Expected salary: $72800 – 86000 per year
Location: Ottawa, ON
Job date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 22:01:11 GMT