Job title: Category Manager – Remote
Company: Canadian Blood Services
Job description: Job category: Procurement
Job posting ID: 1728
Employment status: Temporary full-time
Classification: PTS/MGT/IT B
Salary/Rate of pay: $84,000 – $99,000
Application deadline: This position will remain open until filled
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
Canadian Blood Services (CBS) is looking for a Temporary Full-Time Category Manager to join our dynamic Procurement team. The work of a Category Manager is integral to Canadian Blood Services role as Canada’s Lifeline. In this role, you will be responsible for strategic sourcing for your internal client group or one or more key commodities. This involves all aspects of the strategic sourcing process including developing a high level of knowledge of current state and possible evolution of the assigned commodity. You will work with internal clients to develop specifications for competitive sourcing (Request for Proposals, Request for Quotations) that will bring the best options and value to CBS, manage the sourcing process, and lead cross functional negotiations with suppliers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, plan, and coordinate the procurement department’s operational plans and processes, including enterprise-wide establishment of sourcing arrangements, manage supplier negotiations and long-term partnering with select vendors on behalf of CBS, and monitors progress against plan
- Establish networks and maintain positive relationships internally and externally throughout the vendor community, government, stakeholders, and CBS leaders to enhance and promote procurement practices and vendor regulatory compliance
- Collaborate with experts as required to incorporate complex or technical information in procurement documents and ensure necessary information is provided to potential proponents
- Plan, develop and manage all activities related to competitive sourcing
- Ensure that contracts are negotiated, managed, and monitored to meet CBS’ short and long term needs
- Manage contracts over their life, ensuring that CBS realizes the benefits contemplated in the agreement
- Track contract expiration and is personally responsible to ensure timely sourcing, renewal, or extension as appropriate well before the agreement expires
- Fully understand all spend on goods and services by assigned client and category, whether or not that spend is currently under contract or managed by Procurement
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of customer(s) business needs through attending planning and update meetings, ensuring early involvement in all sourcing initiatives whether funded or not, and obtaining information from the supply base to help their internal customers understand what solutions are possible
- Assist with the budget process by providing cost estimates for budgetary purposes and project approval prior to commencement of sourcing, and assists with the development of functional specifications as early as possible in the process
- Post-secondary level education from a recognized academic institution, preferably a Business Degree (Business Administration, Materials Management, or related discipline)
- A Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP), designation is a definite asset
- Five years of related, progressive experience
- Experience in complex procurement negotiations
- Experience in developing competitive sourcing documents
- Good knowledge of cost accounting and ability to apply it to understanding internal spend, supplier costs, and total costs of ownership
- Knowledge of regulated industry standards and with ISO 9000, TQM, cGMP or an equivalent is required
- Knowledge of SAP Ariba (Contracts & Sourcing modules)
- Competitive base salary range of $84,000 – $99,000
- Annual Performance Award up to 8%
- Payments in lieu of vacation, holidays, and benefits
- Choice of defined contribution or defined benefits pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness programs and professional advancement opportunities
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, all Canadian Blood Services’ employees are required to be fully vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights grounds.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your next step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment (such as testing) will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.
Expected salary: $84000 – 99000 per year
Location: Ottawa, ON
Job date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 22:48:21 GMT