Job title: Activities Attendant (Memory Care, Full-time)
Company: Seasons Retirement Communities
Job description: 2 positions available
Full-time, Days/Evenings (8 AM – 4 PM & 4 PM – 8 PM, 61 hours bi-weekly)
Full-time, Days (8 AM – 4 PM, 60 hours bi-weekly)
Starting wage – $14.74/hour
Seasons Retirement Communities, Cambridge
15 Fraser Street, Cambridge, ON, N1S 1P5
Our Mission to You:
As a certified Great Place to Work®, Seasons believes that every single team member plays an important role in the overall happiness of our residents. We foster a culture of growth and support for our committed team members and offer opportunities for personal and professional development to advance a rewarding career in the seniors housing sector.
What We Look For:
Seasons looks for individuals who are enthusiastic about making a positive difference in the life of another person. We hire individuals who are committed to building meaningful relationships and strive for service excellence so our residents can be proud to call Seasons their home. Keen attention to details, going the extra mile and putting a little “wow” into everything we do is the Seasons way!
Your Job: We’re looking for an Activities Attendant (Memory Care). This role is responsible for providing assistance with the developing and coordinating of fun and meaningful events, activities and services that encourage an active lifestyle among the residents in the community and ensures the achievement of essential activities of daily living.
- Plan, prepare and run engaging and fun programs for residents
- Assist residents to and from the activity if required
- Motivate residents to be active and involved
- Effectively promote activities and an active lifestyle in the home
- Assist the Fun Manager in planning and developing special events for residents
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with residents and their families in order to identify individual needs, resolve issues and evaluate resident satisfaction
- Monitor and record resident involvement in the home
- Build relationships and work collaboratively with colleagues
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Covid-19 vaccination is mandatory
- Experience working in an environment in the healthcare or hospitality industry and working knowledge of activation programs and mobility restriction
- Ability to plan organize and direct the delivery of diverse social services, special events.
- Empathy for and understanding of the need of the elderly and disabled, including persons living with dementia
- Valid Class G driver’s license in good standing
- Successful completion of a CPR/First Aid certification
- Successful completion of Food Handler’s certification
- Relevant professional experience in recreation and/or equivalent certificate
Why Should You Apply?
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note during COVID-19: At the outset of the COVID-19 situation in Canada, Seasons Retirement Communities implemented heightened precautionary protocols in all of our homes. We continue to follow the advice of provincial and federal governments, our sector regulators and local Public Health agencies. Job responsibilities are being reviewed and adjusted accordingly to ensure the well-being of the successful candidate.
Powered by JazzHR
Expected salary: $14.74 per hour
Location: Cambridge, ON
Job date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 00:32:17 GMT