Prep and cook time: Up to 30 mins Serves: 4
- 4 x 175g fillet steaks
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3 glugs of olive oil
- 2 knobs of butter
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves 125g oyster mushrooms 120g shiitake mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 250ml fresh soured cream 1 gherkin, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground Black pepper
Dust the steaks with the flour and paprika. Heat a pan and add half the oil and butter. When the butter is foaming, sear the steaks in the pan – cook for 2 minutes each side and remove to a plate. To make the sauce, add the rest of the oil and butter to the pan and gently fry the onion, garlic, thyme and mushrooms for
4 minutes. Add the brandy to the pan and simmer for 3 minutes. To finish the sauce, add the soured cream, chopped gherkin and steaks. Heat through and season to taste. Slice each steak thinly and spoon over the sauce.
Delicious served with rice and green beans.