Prep and cook time: 30 mins to 1 hour Serves: 4
- 4 chicken breasts skin removed
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons, preserved or fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 20g bunch cinnamon basil
- 250g pack egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 courgette, cut into long, thin strips using a peeler
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 2 bok choi, sliced
Preheat the oven to 200°F, 400°C, Gas Mark 6.
- Score the chicken breasts in a criss-cross pattern to about 1 cm deep.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and pour over the chicken breasts.
- Leave to marinate in the mixture for at least 30 minutes, or longer if possible.
- Soak the noodles in boiling water for 1 minute or until separated.
- Scrape the marinade from the chicken breasts and reserve it.
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan until very hot and fry the chicken breasts in the oil for a couple of minutes until golden.
- Add the sesame seeds and toast for 30 seconds until browned slightly.
- Throw the courgette, pepper and bok choi into the same pan with the rest of the marinade, then stir in the drained noodles.
- Season well and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
Nutrition Info (per serving): 723 calories, 18 g fat.