If you are a Windows user, you must be familiar with IDM (Internet Download Manager), but if you just turned from Windows to Linux, there will be a problem. What is the best download manager for Linux and its similar to IDM ?, there is a solution for that, there is XDM (Xtreme Download Manager).
XDM is similar to IDM, it has easy user interface just like IDM, also its easy to install and has many features. Here are some main features of Xtreme Download Manager :
- Resume Capability (Continue your Download).
- Refresh URL (If your link is broken, you can continue your download with other URL).
- Browser Integration (Just like IDM, XDM has browser integration).
- Force Assemble (Fix “Files could not be assembled” Error)
- Youtube Video Downloader (Download Youtube videos easy, just like when you use IDM)
So are you interested with this Download Manager ? If you want to install it just follow the instruction below.
Install XDM in Linux Mint, Ubuntu, and other Debian based distros
To install XDM, you can simply execute this command below :
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:noobslab/apps
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install xdman
Thats it for my post about Free Linux Download Manager : Xtreme Download Manager (XDM), do you like it ? have you give it a try ?, or maybe you found another cool download manager ?, leave it on the comment. Also check my previous post about uGet, another cool download manaager for Linux, Thank you !